Officer killed doing road checks near Montreal
A Quebec cop new to the force died after being hit by a truck
The Canadian Press
BROMONT, Que. — A municipal police officer in Quebec was on his way to return identification papers to the driver of a car he had stopped when he was rammed by a truck and killed Thursday.
Quebec provincial police say 37-year-old officer Vincent Roy of the Bromont police department died at the scene.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer killed doing road checks near Montreal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help