Officer killed doing road checks near Montreal
A Quebec cop new to the force died after being hit by a truck
The Canadian Press
BROMONT, Que. — A municipal police officer in Quebec was on his way to return identification papers to the driver of a car he had stopped when he was rammed by a truck and killed Thursday.
Quebec provincial police say 37-year-old officer Vincent Roy of the Bromont police department died at the scene.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer killed doing road checks near Montreal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds