Mo. police chief succumbs to head injuries
Leadwood Police Chief Jerry Hicks, 69, was injured driving to a prison
Duty Death: Jerry Hicks - [Leadwood, Missouri]
By PoliceOne Staff
LEADWOOD, Mo. — A police chief died on Sunday when he succumbed to severe head injuries from a crash last week.
Leadwood Police Chief Jerry Hicks, 69, was hurt when his patrol car struck a tree as he headed to the state prison, according to the Kansas City Star. Sources said the vehicle slid on a patch of ice on a bridge.
The 18-year police veteran was reportedly on his way to pick up inmates who were part of a work crew.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court