Rookie Texas cop saves 1-year-old's life
A girl choking on a barrette was saved by an officer on day 3 of the job
TEMPLE, Texas — Rookie Temple Police Officer Jacob Tatum who was on his third day on the job, is credited with saving the life of a 1-year-old girl who was choking on a barrette.
Tatum was on patrol with field training officer Jason Gilpin at around 10 a.m. Sunday when police received the report that the infant was choking at the Wildflower Villas Apartments at 5227 West Adams Ave.
Tatum and Gilpin were already at the complex on an unrelated matter and were able to find the apartment where the child was choking.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy