Police agent killed in ambush attack
Agent Isaac Pizarro-Pizarro of the Puerto Rico Police Department was driving to a family member's home
Duty Death: Isaac Pizarro-Pizarro - [Carolina, Puerto Rico]
By PoliceOne Staff
A Puerto Rican police agent was shot and killed in an ambush Tuesday.
Agent Isaac Pizarro-Pizarro, an eight-year veteran of the Puerto Rico Police Department who was assigned to the Narcotics Division in Carolina, was driving at the time of the attack, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page. He was driving to a family member's home when a group of suspects opened fire.
Two juveniles were among the shooters and according to reports, at least 60 rounds were fired.
Three suspects were arrested and charged with murder Wednesday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help