Mont. deputy killed directing traffic
Pat Pyette, 54, was "a fine man," sheriff said
Duty Death: Pat Pyette - [Havre, Montana]
By PoliceOne Staff
HAVRE, Mont. — A deputy died after a vehicle struck him on a highway in Blaine County.
Pat Pyette, 54, was outside his vehicle directing traffic at a scene involving a disabled driver, according to the Great Falls Tribune. A press release stated that a vehicle passing through the scene struck Pyette. It appeared the driver did not see him in the road.
The sheriff called Pyette "a fine man, willing to do anything for anybody," The Republic reported. "He was dedicated to our community and the people he served."
Dispatchers in Helena have not yet released more details Thursday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help