Mich. police chief found dead
The Ann Arbor Police Department received a call from a relative Friday
By Laura Phelps
The Detroit News
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Shock and sadness reverberated across Eastern Michigan University's campus Friday as word spread of campus Police Chief Greg O'Dell's death from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Around noon Friday, the Ann Arbor Police Department received a call from an O'Dell relative after the discovery of what the family member thought was a suicide note, said Derrick Jackson, director of community engagement for the Washtenaw County Sheriff's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mich. police chief found dead
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house