Mich. police chief found dead
The Ann Arbor Police Department received a call from a relative Friday
By Laura Phelps
The Detroit News
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Shock and sadness reverberated across Eastern Michigan University's campus Friday as word spread of campus Police Chief Greg O'Dell's death from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Around noon Friday, the Ann Arbor Police Department received a call from an O'Dell relative after the discovery of what the family member thought was a suicide note, said Derrick Jackson, director of community engagement for the Washtenaw County Sheriff's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mich. police chief found dead
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests