Missing Mo. trooper's body found
Fred Guthrie was a combined 17-year veteran of the Missouri State Water Patrol and Missouri State Highway Patrol
Duty Death: Fred Guthrie Jr. - [Big Lake, Missouri]
By Kim Norvell
St. Joseph News-Press
BIG LAKE, Mo. — The body of a state trooper missing for more than six months was recovered Thursday.
Fred Guthrie Jr.'s body was recovered around 2 p.m. Thursday by crews working to rebuild the highway where his abandoned truck and the body of his K-9 partner, Reed, were found.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Missing Mo. trooper's body found
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman