Neb. cop killed in rollover crash
Officer Tony Howe, 37, is remembered as caring, thoughtful and helpful
Duty Death: Tony Howe - [Lincoln, Nebraska]
By PoliceOne Staff
LINCOLN, Neb. — A Lincoln police officer died in a rollover crash Wednesday night on his way to work.
Officer Tony Howe, 37, worked the overnight shift in the criminal investigation unit and was driving his Dodge Neon when the accident occurred,according to the Omaha World Herald. Investigators said the vehicle travelled into the median, hit a drain and went airborne before rolling.
Howe was pronounced dead at York General Hospital. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Colleagues saw Howe was caring, thoughtful and always took time to help people.
"Tony was the kind of police officer that, if you or any member of your family were a victim, you would like to see handle the situation," Lincoln Police Chief Jim Peschong said Thursday. "He had the ability to bring calm to a chaotic scene."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house