Texas trooper dies in fiery crash
Trooper Javier Arana was killed in an automobile accident as he responded to assist a vehicle pursuit in El Paso
Duty Death: Javier Arana - [El Paso, Texas]
By PoliceOne Staff
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Javier Arana was killed in an automobile accident as he responded to assist a vehicle pursuit in El Paso at approximately 0130 hours on Saturday, March 24, 2012.
According to ODMP, Trooper Arana's vehicle collided with a Ford Ranger pickup truck and burst into flames upon impact.
The Austin American Statesman reports that the driver of the pickup — 18-year-old Edgardo Antonio Flores — was taken to Del Sol Medical Center.
Arana — the 87th DPS employee to die in the line of duty — is survived by his wife and children.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform