Minn. officer honored for halting vicious assaults
Police Officer Jeff Schwab helped capture a violent sex offender
By Rochelle Olson
St. Paul police officer Jeff Schwab had just arrived home Nov. 18 when a call came in about a violent offender who had kidnapped a woman and was on the move.
For the next several hours Schwab worked relentlessly with the Ramsey County sheriff's apprehension unit to capture Samuel Jay McGown, who had kidnapped his girlfriend. McGown is a sex offender with a history of domestic assault.
Sheriff Matt Bostrom on Monday presented Schwab with the first-ever Sheriff's Office Award for Excellence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms