Stabbed NYPD cop home for daughter's birthday
Two weeks after a deranged man plunged a jagged knife into his head, the brave officer left the hospital
By Georgett Roberts and Ikimulisa Livingston
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Two weeks after a deranged man plunged a jagged knife into the head of a city cop, the brave officer left a Manhattan hospital yesterday — just in time to celebrate his daughter's fifth birthday.
Officer Eder Loor thanked God and his doctors for his miraculous survival, and said he was thrilled to be going home with his family.
"I'm very happy that I'm OK," Loor said before leaving Mount Sinai Hospital to celebrate the birthday of his daughter, Jaylin.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Stabbed NYPD cop home for daughter's birthday
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy