Miss. police receive support statewide after investigator killed
Agencies rushed to their aid, governor asked what he could do to help
PEARL, Miss. — The outpouring of support for Pearl Police Department from across the state from Tuesday’s shootout that left an investigator and suspect dead and two other investigators injured is staggering, said a department official.
“I just cannot say enough to all the agencies that rushed to our aid,” said Lt. Butch Townsend, department spokesman. “If I try to name them, I’d leave someone out."
Townsend said he has received countless phone calls from across the state, including one from Gov. Phil Bryant asking what they could do to help.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman