Tenn. officer killed in on-duty crash
Cleveland Officer Justin Maples, 34, was a seven-year police veteran
Duty Death: Justin Maples - [Cleveland, Tennessee]
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CLEVELAND, Tenn. — The theft of a car from a Dollar General parking lot appears to have led to the death of a city police officer, authorities said.
Officer Justin Maples died in a single-vehicle crash Sunday evening, on his way to help a Bradley County officer pursuing a Jeep that had been reported stolen, Police Chief Wes Snyder said Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officer killed in on-duty crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman