NY trooper dies following rollover crash
New York State Trooper Amanda Anna had served with the New York State Police for six years
Duty Death: Amanda Anna - [Hastings, New York]
By PoliceOne Staff
HASTINGS, N.Y. — New York State Trooper Amanda Anna was killed when her Chevrolet Tahoe patrol vehicle went out of control on a curve and overturned several times after striking a guardrail.
The single-vehicle crash occurred at approximately 2325 hours on Friday night, and Trooper Anna succumbed to her injuries at about 0525 hours the following morning.
According to a report from YNN, “New York State Police Public Information Officer Trooper Jack Keller said, ‘The vehicle struck a guardrail. The vehicle became airborne and went over a small water inlet and landed on a grassy area just past the inlet. And then it rolled. And then someone contacted 911’.”
Trooper Anna was assigned to the Hastings Barracks in Oswego County and had served with the New York State Police for six years.
She is survived by her four-year-old son, mother, step-father, and her fiancé.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform