Colo. officer struck during traffic stop dies
Officer Jeremy Bitner 'served his country and the city of Englewood with honor'
Duty Death: Jeremy Bitner - [Englewood, Colorado]
By Joey Bunch
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Englewood police officer Jeremy Bitner died early Monday, Chief John Collins said Tuesday afternoon.
Bitner, 39, was struck by an alleged drunk driver during a traffic stop.
The news was released Tuesday, "because we wanted to give the family some space and some time for recovery," Collins said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Colo. officer struck during traffic stop dies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman