NC deputy killed in crash while responding to call
Deputy had received a call of assault with a deadly weapon
Duty Death: Dwayne Charles Hester - [Elizabethtown, North Carolina]
By PoliceOne Staff
ELIZABETHTOWN, N.C. — A sheriff's deputy was killed in a car accident while responding to a call late Friday night.
Bladen County Sheriff's Deputy Dwayne Charles Hester had received a call of assault with a deadly weapon and died in a crash just before 11 p.m., according to The Associated Press.
Hester was 39 and had been a police officer in Elizabethtown before becoming a deputy.
No details on the accident have become available.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police