Respected officer struck, killed by DUI offender
Brian "B-lo" Lorenzo, a 23-year veteran and a model officer, was on his way home after work when suspect slammed into his motorcycle head-on
By Regina Medina, William Bender, Morgan Zalot, and Julie Shaw
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Word spread quickly early Sunday morning, prompting anxiety among members of the area's law enforcement community: Veteran Philadelphia police officer Brian "B-Lo" Lorenzo had been killed on his beloved Harley-Davidson Road King.
These lawmen from Pennsylvania and South Jersey contacted lawyer and friend of the police force Jimmy Binns Sunday morning — most of them normally "rough customers," now weeping uncontrollably, he said. "Just tell me it's not true," they told him. "I had to confirm it was true. He was gone," Binns said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Respected officer struck, killed by DUI offender
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds