Border Patrol agent killed while rendering aid
Agent had stopped to help a motorist with a flat tire
Duty Death: James R. Dominguez - [Texas]
By PoliceOne Staff
BROWNSVILLE, Texas — A Border Patrol agent was killed Thursday morning while rendering aid to a stranded driver, officials said.
James Dominguez, 41, had stopped to help a motorist with a flat tire and was picking up debris from the shoulder of Highway 90 when he was struck by a pickup, The San Antonio Express-News reported.
Dominguez was an eight-year veteran of the agency.
"We mourn the loss of Agent Dominguez and offer our condolences to his family, friends and co-workers," Border Patrol spokesperson Dora Doyle said.
A DPS spokesperson said both the motorist and her husband tried unsuccessfully to aid Dominguez. The accident is under investigation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help