Wis. deputy killed in crash with tow truck
Sheriff's Deputy Sergio Aleman was driving the agency's motorist assistance truck when the collision occurred
Duty Death: Sergio Aleman - [Milwaukee, Wisconsin]
By PoliceOne Staff
MILWAUKEE — A sheriff's deputy was killed in a two-vehicle car accident Tuesday.
Milwaukee County Sheriff's Deputy Sergio Aleman was driving the agency's motorist assistance truck when it struck the back of a tow truck stopped on the side of the highway, The Officer Down Memorial Page reported. He was extricated and transported to a hospital in Wauwatosa, where he was pronounced dead.
"On behalf of the 1,200 men and women of the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office, our thoughts and prayers are with Deputy Sheriff Aleman's family," Sheriff's Inspector Edward Bailey said at a press conference.
The sheriff will return home early from homeland security training in California to make further statements on the death, according to The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house