Canadian officer killed during call at ranch
Rod Lazenby was a municipal officer who enforced bylaws
The Toronto Star
ALBERTA — RCMP condoned off a rural acreage southwest of Calgary on Friday following the death of a municipal peace officer responsible for enforcing bylaws.
Police were not identifying the officer who died, but Alberta's solicitor general said his name was Rod Lazenby, an officer with the Municipal District of Foothills.
RCMP said there was an incident Friday morning at the Tangled Spur Ranch near the rural community of Priddis. Lazenby had been dispatched to a call on the property.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Canadian officer killed during call at ranch
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy