Video: Officer pulls man from burning car
An officer and a good Samaritan pull an unconscious man from a vehicle after two cars caught fire in a wreck
By PoliceOne Staff
MANCHESTER, Mo. — Dash cam shows a Manchester officer pull a man from a burning vehicle after a car crash.
Officer Gerad Gonzalez was on patrol when a passerby alerted him to an accident that resulted in two vehicles catching fire. As he approached, he saw a man sitting in one of the cars.
"I just knew I needed to get him out and check for other occupants,” Gonzalez told Kirkwood Patch.
In the video, Gonzalez runs toward the car, climbs into the passenger seat and with the help of a good Samaritan, retrieves the unconscious driver and moves him away from the fiery wreckage.
The female driver of the other vehicle escaped just before it exploded, according to the article. Out of the camera's view, she is heard saying "I almost burned alive in there."
Ambulance crews transported both drivers to the hospital, and Gonzalez said he was glad it didn’t end worse. He gave a special thanks to the man who helped him.
"That stays in my heart," Gonzalez told the website. "He did not have to stop."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman