1 Md. officer killed, 1 injured after police cruiser crashes
The Prince George's County officers were investigating a theft
My Fox DC
BELTSVILLE, Md. — One Prince George's County police officer was killed and another injured after their patrol car crashed Monday along a stretch of Interstate 95 near Beltsville.
The officers were investigating a theft at the time. They notified dispatch through the radio they were following a suspect vehicle. Their cruiser crashed not long after. The 23-year-old officer who died was the driver and ejected from the vehicle.
The accident happened around 1:00 p.m. along southbound Interstate 95 near Powder Mill Road.
The officer who died was a member of the Explorer program that trains young people about law enforcement.
Prince George's officials are urging anyone with information to call Crime Solvers.
Reprinted with permission from My Fox DC
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests