Vehicle recovered, suspect questioned in deadly Md. pursuit
Two Prince George's County officers were pursuing a car when they became involved in a crash that killed one of them
Duty Death: Adrian Morris - [Beltsville, Maryland]
My Fox DC
WASHINGTON — Police have recovered a car that two Prince George's County officers were pursuing when the officers were involved in a crash that killed one of them.
Police say the car was recovered early Tuesday morning in Washington. Investigators are questioning the occupant of the car, but it's not clear whether the person was involved in Monday's pursuit. No charges have been filed.
The officer who was killed was 23-year-old Adrian Morris, a native of Kingston, Jamaica, who had been on the force for 2 1/2 years. The other officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred Monday afternoon on southbound Interstate 95 near the Powder Mill Road exit. The officers had been pursuing a car that was believed to have been involved in a theft.
Reprinted with permission from My Fox DC
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds