2nd W.Va. trooper shot in traffic stop dies
Another trooper has died three days after the shooting that also killed Cpl. Marshall Lee Bailey
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia State Police say a second trooper involved in a shooting during a traffic stop has died.
Eric Michael Workman died Friday, three days after the shooting that also killed Cpl. Marshall Lee Bailey.
Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin said "West Virginia lost a very brave young man this afternoon."
State Police say 22-year-old Luke Baber of Oak Hill shot the troopers with a handgun hidden in his pants after he was put in their cruiser's backseat. It happened at the Wallback park and ride off Interstate 79.
Baber was later killed in a shootout with other officers.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help