CHP officer shot on interstate dies
A man shot CHP Officer Kenyon Youngstrom in the head after being pulled over for an obstructed license plate
Duty Death: Kenyon Youngstrom - [Walnut Creek, California]
Red Bluff Daily News
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — The man who allegedly shot a California Highway Patrol officer while pulled over on Interstate 680 Tuesday morning near Alamo, has been identified Wednesday as a Tehama County man.
Christopher Boone Lacy, 38, was shot and killed by a fellow officer when Lacy shot CHP Officer Kenyon Youngstrom in the head after being pulled over for an obstructed license plate, Contra Costa sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: CHP officer shot on interstate dies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help