Md. officer killed in wreck at end of shift
Officer had just finished his shift when his department-issued vehicle crashed
Duty Death: Charles Licato - [Cecil County, Maryland]
By PoliceOne Staff
BALTIMORE — A deputy was killed in a single-vehicle car crash Thursday morning, the Harford County Sheriff's Office said.
Cpl. Charles Licato of Cecil County had just finished his shift when his department-issued vehicle crashed in Darlington, WBAL reported. Licato, 34, died at the scene.
Responding deputies found Licato after a citizen called 911 to report the accident.
Investigators have not determined the cause of the crash.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help