Md. officer killed in wreck at end of shift
Officer had just finished his shift when his department-issued vehicle crashed
Duty Death: Charles Licato - [Cecil County, Maryland]
By PoliceOne Staff
BALTIMORE — A deputy was killed in a single-vehicle car crash Thursday morning, the Harford County Sheriff's Office said.
Cpl. Charles Licato of Cecil County had just finished his shift when his department-issued vehicle crashed in Darlington, WBAL reported. Licato, 34, died at the scene.
Responding deputies found Licato after a citizen called 911 to report the accident.
Investigators have not determined the cause of the crash.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman