Md. officer killed in wreck at end of shift
Officer had just finished his shift when his department-issued vehicle crashed
Duty Death: Charles Licato - [Cecil County, Maryland]
By PoliceOne Staff
BALTIMORE — A deputy was killed in a single-vehicle car crash Thursday morning, the Harford County Sheriff's Office said.
Cpl. Charles Licato of Cecil County had just finished his shift when his department-issued vehicle crashed in Darlington, WBAL reported. Licato, 34, died at the scene.
Responding deputies found Licato after a citizen called 911 to report the accident.
Investigators have not determined the cause of the crash.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform