NYPD to hold web tribute of 9/11 officers
The officers' names will be officially read at the ceremony later Tuesday
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — Police officers killed on or after responding to the terrorist attacks on September 11 will be honored in a web tribute put on by the NYPD on Facebook and Twitter.
On Monday and Tuesday, the eleventh anniversary of the 2001 tragedy, the department will update their Twitter with links to memorial Facebook pages of individual officers.
CBS New York said the updates can be accessed on the official NYPD Twitter (@NYPDnews), where they will be catalogued with the hashtag #neverforget.
The officers' names will be officially read at the ceremony later Tuesday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court