Texas cop killed cleaning weapon at home
Dallas Officer Christopher Pasley died of "an apparent accidental discharge"
Duty Death: Christopher Pasley - [Dallas, Texas]
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT WORTH, Texas — An officer has died of an "apparent accidental discharge" while cleaning his weapon, police said.
Dallas Officer Christopher Pasley was at his south Fort Worth home when the discharge occurred, according to the Forth Worth Star-Telegram, which cited a department news release.
Shortly after the shooting was reported Monday afternoon, police spokeswoman Officer Sharron Neal confirmed that Pasley was the person who died. He had joined the Dallas police in 2007.
The department's Employee Relations Team is working with his family to coordinate assistance, the article said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds