Officer dies of heart attack at deputy's funeral
An officer suffered a fatal heart attack while at the funeral of a deputy from his department
Duty Death: Ian Loughran - [Harford, Maryland]
By PoliceOne Staff
HARFORD, Md. — An officer suffered a fatal heart attack while at the funeral of a deputy from his department who was killed in the line of duty last week.
Ian Loughran, a 16-year veteran of the Harford County Sheriff's Office, began to suffer symptoms at the service before passing away at his home early Wednesday morning, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page.
He was attending the funeral of Corporal Charles Licato, who was killed in a car accident last week on Route 1 near the Conowingo Dam, WBAL reported.
"Yesterday, I spoke of a new star in the heavens when speaking of Charles Licato,” Harford County Sheriff Jesse Bane told the station. “Today, it seems a second star now joins him.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'