Officer dies of heart attack at deputy's funeral
An officer suffered a fatal heart attack while at the funeral of a deputy from his department
Duty Death: Ian Loughran - [Harford, Maryland]
By PoliceOne Staff
HARFORD, Md. — An officer suffered a fatal heart attack while at the funeral of a deputy from his department who was killed in the line of duty last week.
Ian Loughran, a 16-year veteran of the Harford County Sheriff's Office, began to suffer symptoms at the service before passing away at his home early Wednesday morning, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page.
He was attending the funeral of Corporal Charles Licato, who was killed in a car accident last week on Route 1 near the Conowingo Dam, WBAL reported.
"Yesterday, I spoke of a new star in the heavens when speaking of Charles Licato,” Harford County Sheriff Jesse Bane told the station. “Today, it seems a second star now joins him.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court