Two LE agencies mourn loss of Ohio officer
Patrolman Jason Gresko served as a part-time officer for Willoughby police and a full-time officer for the Cleveland Clinic Police Department
Duty Death: Jason Gresko - [Willoughby, Ohio]
By PoliceOne Staff
WILLOUGHBY, Ohio — Two law enforcement agencies are mourning the loss of an officer who was killed in a cruiser crash Friday night.
Patrolman Jason Gresko served as a part-time officer for Willoughby police and a full-time officer for the Cleveland Clinic Police Department, according to Fox 8.
He was responding to assist a Willoughby officer when his patrol car and a truck collided, sending the cruiser into a tree.
“It’s rare that a police officer gets to serve two communities, and that’s exactly what Officer Jason Gresko did,” Cleveland Clinic Chief David Easthon said at a press conference.
A memorial with flowers and flags has been erected along Harmony Lane, where the crash occurred.
Willoughby Chief Jack Beckwith said Gresko "loved what he did."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests