NJ detective dies during training
Detective Sergeant James Hoopes was an officer of 14 years
Duty Death: James Hoopes - [Atlantic City, New Jersey]
By PoliceOne Staff
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — A New Jersey State Police detective has died participating in a training program.
Detective Sergeant James Hoopes, 40, suffered a fatal heart attack last week at a Casino Gaming Bureau physical fitness course, according to The Officer Down Memorial Page. He was assigned to the Bureau's Invesigation Unit.
Hoopes was an officer of 14 years. Funeral arrangments are pending and can be obtained through New Jersey State Police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help