NJ detective dies during training
Detective Sergeant James Hoopes was an officer of 14 years
Duty Death: James Hoopes - [Atlantic City, New Jersey]
By PoliceOne Staff
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — A New Jersey State Police detective has died participating in a training program.
Detective Sergeant James Hoopes, 40, suffered a fatal heart attack last week at a Casino Gaming Bureau physical fitness course, according to The Officer Down Memorial Page. He was assigned to the Bureau's Invesigation Unit.
Hoopes was an officer of 14 years. Funeral arrangments are pending and can be obtained through New Jersey State Police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman