Pa. trooper killed in crash with tractor trailer
State trooper Blake Coble, 48, was on patrol when the accident occurred
Duty Death: Blake Coble - [Harrisburg, Pennsylvania]
By PoliceOne Staff
SOUTH BEAVER, Pa. — A state trooper was killed Thursday when his squad car collided with a tractor trailer in Beaver County.
Trooper Blake Coble, 48, was on patrol when the accident occurred, The New Jersey Herald reported.
The Officer Down Memorial Page said Coble was transported to Heritage Valley Beaver Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police do not yet have many details on the circumstances of the crash.
"His untimely death left two children without a father and a wife without her husband, plus countless friends and family members grieving," State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said in a statement.
"He died serving the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy