Ariz. officer saves couple from burning home
Officer on night patrol kicked down the door of a flame-engulfed mobile home to save husband and wife
TEMPE, Ariz. — A husband and wife remain hospitalized after their lives were saved when a Tempe police officer on night patrol kicked down the door of their flame-engulfed mobile home Sunday.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, Tempe police officer Paul Elenlius was on patrol when he responded to the couple’s call for help from inside their burning mobile home at the Meadows Mobile Home Park at 2401 W. Southern Ave.
Before Elenius arrived, neighbors of the couple had tried the windows and second door to the residence without any success, according to Tempe police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help