Video: 194 NYPD cruisers flooded by Sandy
The police shared a video of several cruisers submerged in water
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — NYPD shared a video of some of the damaged cruisers affected by Hurricane Sandy on Coney Island.
In total, 194 police vehicles have been ruined by flood water so far.
Many precinct facilities were also damaged and will require new boilers, generators, and water heaters.
As cleanup and recovery efforts continue, NYPD has deployed 174 light towers so that residents can charge phones and other devices, according to Gothamist.com.
Police continue to do everything from helping devastated neighborhoods to monitoring lines at gas stations.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms