Trooper risks life to save men in fiery NC wreck
Trooper Justin Mitchell jumped out of his patrol car and dragged the driver to safety, while the passenger was able to get out
By Keith Upchurch
The Durham Herald-Sun
DURHAM — A trooper with the N.C. Highway Patrol is being credited with risking his life to rescue two men whose truck was hit head-on during a fiery car crash on N.C. 98 in Durham County.
The trooper, Justin Mitchell, jumped out of his patrol car and dragged the driver to safety, according to Sgt. Maurice Devalle of the patrol's Durham office. The other man was able to get out.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Trooper risks life to save men in fiery NC wreck
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house