Historical marker erected for cop killed in JFK shooting
The historical marker was placed across the street from where the shooting occurred between Officer Tippit and Lee Harvey Oswald
By Chuck Cox
Oak Cliff People
DALLAS — Nearly 49 years to the day he was shot and killed by Lee Harvey Oswald at 10th Street and Patton Avenue, Dallas police Officer J.D. Tippit's memory was honored with a historical marker in a stirring ceremony Tuesday afternoon. Tippit's widow, Marie, helped unveil the historical marker, which is now on the campus of Adamson High School.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house