La. officer killed in crash
Deputy Sheriff Ricky Issac, 24, hydroplaned in a period of heavy rain
By PoliceOne Staff
NATCHITOCHES, La. – An officer was killed Saturday in a single-vehicle crash on a Louisiana highway.
Deputy Sheriff Ricky Issac’s car hydroplaned during a period of heavy rain, causing the car to swerve off the road and down an embankment, striking several trees, according to ODMP.
Isaac, 24, suffered fatal injuries, leaving behind his expectant wife.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform