Video: NYPD saves ship engineer in helicopter rescue mission
Police staged a nighttime helicopter rescue mission, saving the life of the ship's 60-year-old chief engineer, who had a heart attack
By Marc Santora
The New York Times Blogs
NEW YORK — A 60-year-old engineer aboard the Grey Shark had a heart attack Tuesday night and had to be airlifted to a hospital on Staten Island.
The New York police staged a nighttime helicopter rescue mission in New York Harbor on Tuesday, saving the life of the ship's 60-year-old chief engineer, who had a heart attack while the 360-foot cargo vessel was anchored far from shore.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Airborne / Maritime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house