Video: NYPD saves ship engineer in helicopter rescue mission
Police staged a nighttime helicopter rescue mission, saving the life of the ship's 60-year-old chief engineer, who had a heart attack
By Marc Santora
The New York Times Blogs
NEW YORK — A 60-year-old engineer aboard the Grey Shark had a heart attack Tuesday night and had to be airlifted to a hospital on Staten Island.
The New York police staged a nighttime helicopter rescue mission in New York Harbor on Tuesday, saving the life of the ship's 60-year-old chief engineer, who had a heart attack while the 360-foot cargo vessel was anchored far from shore.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police