Mo. detective dies of 'medical emergency' at gym
He was a 25-year veteran of the department, and has served 35 years total
Duty Death: Christopher Simpson - [Chesterfield, Missouri]
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
CHERSTERFIELD, Mo. — A veteran Chesterfield detective died Tuesday night while working out at the department's fitness center, police said.
Christopher Simpson, 56, died of "a medical emergency" about 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Chesterfield Police gym, according to a news release from Chesterfield Police Capt. Steve Lewis. Lewis said Simpson's cause of death was not known. Lewis said it is also unclear if Simpson died while on duty.
Simpson had been a police officer in the St. Louis area for 35 years, including 25 years with Chesterfield. He had also served the Maplewood and Berkeley police departments.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds