Minn. officer dies of heart attack following pursuit
The officer had become ill after pursuing a teen on foot, and died a week later
Duty Death: Josh Lynaugh - [St. Paul, Minnesota]
By PoliceOne Staff
ST. PAUL, Minn. — An officer died Saturday of complications resulting from a heart attack he suffered a week earlier following a foot pursuit, according to the St. Paul Police Department.
Officer Josh Lynaugh, 30, and his partner were pursuing a teen who was eventually issued a citation for fleeing police and violating curfew, according to KARE 11.
Shortly after, Lynaugh, a five-year veteran of the department, became ill, and was treated for a heart attack at a nearby hospital, where he died.
Lynaugh's father, Tim Lynaugh, a retired St. Paul police sergeant, thanked the community for the "enormous support his family has received" in the wake of his son’s death.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy