Canadian officer, suspect killed in standoff
The 17 hour standoff ended with the suspect and one officer dead of gunshot wounds, and a second officer injured
QUEBEC — The body of a dead man has been found inside a home in northern Quebec, ending a 17-hour standoff that left one police officer dead and another seriously injured on Saturday night.
The incident started at about 9:30 p.m. ET Saturday, when the Kativik Regional Police Force got a 911 call about a domestic dispute at a home in Kuujjuaq, Que.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Canadian officer, suspect killed in standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help