Video: Mich. officer stops suicidal jumper on bridge
The officer inched closer until he was able to grab the man and safely pull him off the bridge's ledge
Observer & Eccentric
CANTON, Mich. — A Canton police officer is being credited for saving the life of a man they believe was trying to commit suicide over the weekend.
According to Canton Public Safety officials, the officer arrived on the scene and saw a man standing on the bridge facing over northbound I-275. Police said the man had one leg up on the rail and appeared to be looking at his phone.
According to police, the officer approached and tried to get the man to talk with him, but the man wouldn’t respond. When the officer was close enough, police said, he lunged forward, grabbed the man by his coat and pulled him off the railing.
Full Story: Canton police officer stops suicide jump
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman