Canadian officer killed after bus slams cruiser
Jennifer Kovach was responding to a call just after midnight when a city bus hit her cruiser at an intersection
Duty Death: Jennifer Kovach - [Guelph]
By PoliceOne Staff
GUELPH, Ontario — A constable was killed early Thursday morning responding to a call when her cruiser was hit by a city bus.
Const. Jennifer Kovach, 26, was extracted from her vehicle by firefighters but pronounced dead at a hospital soon after, according to the National Post.
A statement from the Guelph police says Kovach exemplified the values of the service and was committed to making a difference.
Guelph police say Kovach was fulfilling her dream as a police officer and they will “forever remember her zest for life, her strong sense of adventure and her gregarious smile that brightened all our lives.”
The bus driver was treated for minor injuries and there were no passengers on the bus at the time of the crash, according to the article.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house