Miss. police chief struck by vehicle, dies
Police Chief Randy Boykin, 50, was hit while directing morning traffic in front of a school
Duty Death: Randy Boykin - [Enterprise, Mississippi]
By PoliceOne Staff
ENTERPRISE, Miss. — A police chief died after being struck by a vehicle while directing traffic.
Police Chief Randy Boykin, 50, died Tuesday en route to the hospital, according to Clarke County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Barry White.
Boykin, who had been chief for 12 years, directed traffic at the main intersection in town every weekday morning.
"He was a hard worker and he loved his family," White said. "It's just a sad day."
The female driver, who had her daughter in her car, stopped immediately and offered assistance, according to wlox 13.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the incident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help