Off-duty officers rescue 400 lb man from burning home
The officers were on a jog when they noticed the burning home and jumped into action
By John J. Hopkins
LOCKPORT,N.Y. — Two off-duty Lockport police officers training for a marathon stumbled across a fire Monday afternoon and are being credited — along with two on-duty officers — with rescuing a man from his burning basement.
Officer Mike Stover and Lieutenant Todd Chenez were nearing the end of a 2-mile run about 3:30 p.m. when they happened to see smoke coming from a home at 409 Hawley St.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help