Off-duty officers rescue 400 lb man from burning home
The officers were on a jog when they noticed the burning home and jumped into action
By John J. Hopkins
LOCKPORT,N.Y. — Two off-duty Lockport police officers training for a marathon stumbled across a fire Monday afternoon and are being credited — along with two on-duty officers — with rescuing a man from his burning basement.
Officer Mike Stover and Lieutenant Todd Chenez were nearing the end of a 2-mile run about 3:30 p.m. when they happened to see smoke coming from a home at 409 Hawley St.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Off Duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy