Man who killed cop with snow plow found not responsible
The widow of the slain officer was in tears when jurors decided the man who hit her husband with a plow was mentally ill
The Hamilton Spectator
TORONTO, Canada — A man who killed a Toronto police officer with a snowplow showed no emotion Wednesday when he was found not criminally responsible.
Jurors reached the verdict in the trial of Richard Kachkar, 46, in the third day of deliberations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy