Man who killed cop with snow plow found not responsible
The widow of the slain officer was in tears when jurors decided the man who hit her husband with a plow was mentally ill
The Hamilton Spectator
TORONTO, Canada — A man who killed a Toronto police officer with a snowplow showed no emotion Wednesday when he was found not criminally responsible.
Jurors reached the verdict in the trial of Richard Kachkar, 46, in the third day of deliberations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court