Okla. officer killed in 2-vehicle crash
A teen driver failed to stop at a stop sign, crashing into Officer Douglas Hanna's truck
Duty Death: Douglas Hanna - [Washita County, Oklahoma]
End of Service: 04/21/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
WASHITA COUNTY, Okla. — A sheriff’s deputy was killed while responding to an emergency call Sunday morning when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign, crashing into the officer’s truck.
Douglas Hanna, 44, was partially thrown from the vehicle on impact and pronounced dead at the scene, according to News on 6.
The second driver, Bryce Joseph Nickel, 17, was treated and released for injuries to his ankle.
Funeral arrangements for Officer Hanna are pending.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police