Photo: Cop delivering milk to family on Boston lockdown becomes sensation
By PoliceOne Staff
BROOKLINE, Mass. — A photo of an armor-clad Brookline officer toting a gallon of milk in each hand during the manhunt for the second Boston bombing suspect that kept residents indoors has become an internet sensation after spreading over the weekend.
Boston Police Department was one of the many who tweeted the picture of the officer, who was later identified as John Bradley, according to the Brookline Patch.
Bradley was allegedly delivering the milk to a family with small children during the lockdown, in which everyone was strongly urged to stay indoors and keep their doors locked.
Brookline PD’s Twitter also posted the photo, with the caption “One of Brookline’s finest, providing milk to a family with young children during lockdown in Watertown.”
It is not known who snapped the iconic photograph.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help