Video: Cop yanks suicidal man from train tracks at last second
Surveillance video catches the suspicious officer snag the man by the shirt just as he attempts to jump
By PoliceOne Staff
MEDELLIN, Colombia — A surveillance camera at a metro station in Colombia caught a dramatic rescue when an officer pulled a man back just as he stepped in front of a train that was approaching.
Video shows the allegedly suicidal man standing at the edge of the platform waiting for an approaching train. When the officer arrives on the scene — possibly suspicious of the man who remains close to the edge — the man distances himself from the cop but keeps his eyes on the train.
Just as the train arrives, the man begins to walk right in front of it when the officer grabs the man by the shirt and hurls him back.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help